Content Management ConsultingKey Capabilities:
- Defining Information Needs
- Capability Analysis and Assessment
- Custom Design, Development and Implementation
- Ongoing System Performance Review and Updates
The value of information is determined in large part by the ability to manage it successfully. DSCS Content Management Consulting services provides solutions in the form of systems, software and strategies to help you manage data to meet the demands of your organization or business. DSCS consultants can help you address challenges that range from simple data design to complex systems combining multiple data sets, sophisticated mark-up, data retrieval – even custom user interfaces.
Our consultative approach begins with establishing and defining your information needs, assessing your current capabilities and setting goals for a new content management system. Based on the results of these first steps, DSCS consultants will explore a number of system design options to accomplish those goals. This is a collaborative process that ensures your contribution to and satisfaction with the final system.
When a final system management design is approved, we establish a schedule for development and implementation, keeping you apprised of progress through regular updates. And after the new content management system is in place, we'll continue to consult with you on an ongoing basis to ensure it meets your information needs and make any necessary modifications to improve performance.
Content Management Consulting examples:House Office of Legislative Counsel (HOLC): Ramseyer (Legislative Impact®) Report Automation
- Expedite generation of reports detailing the impact of increasingly complex legislation on existing law.
- Solution must work within current IT environment and legal workflow of US House of Representatives.
- Develop automated system to replace manual processes, using highly granular XML mark-up of legislative documents.
- Extend existing COTS system to automate generation of impact reports and provide new editorial capabilities.
- Ramseyer Reports generated much more quickly and accurately – time saved both in creation of reports and minimization of drafting errors.
- Quick acceptance by House legal staff of new software tool and processes due to incorporation into familiar workflow and desktop environment.
Library of Congress – Congressional Research Service (CRS): Transition the Legislative Information System (LIS) to XML
- LIS files contain critical data on all aspects of Congress – including members, voting records, legislative histories, international treaties, research reports, etc – spanning the entire history of the United States.
- Files are in disparate formats and stored in an out-of-date relational system, obstructing the Library’s need for advanced searching and access.
- Develop XML schemas capable of describing the full range of data elements and attributes in more than 200 years of congressional data.
- Extract data from the legacy systems, convert and validate it into the new XML formats, then design and load a new XML capable database.
- Everyone from congressional staff to academic researchers and the public have easier and more comprehensive access to critical legislative information, from the current session of Congress back to the first Congress in 1789.
Advanced Information Product Demonstrations
Legislative and Regulatory IMPACT®
Legislative and Regulatory Impact® keep you up to date on the latest developments in the law, so you're aware of any changes impacting your area(s) of interest as soon as they happen. Watch Demo
DataStream Information Services (DSIS)
A collection of information structured in XML that evolves constantly as existing content is updated and new information is added, delivering the information you need, how and when you need it. Watch Demo